Saturday, July 25, 2009

Extravagance!

God blesses me extravagantly.

At work, I received $40 worth of gift cards for scoring 100% in a mystery shopper test. That was totally random. The mystery shopper could have caught me on a day I wasn't up to form but I did great so thank God! I used the cards for fuel. It felt really good to pay only $2 for a full tank!

At my current place, I've been "upgraded" to one of the inside rooms.

The building I'm staying in is registered as an association and the kitchen where my old room was next to is considered a commercial kitchen. Supposedly, my room was listed as the kitchen storeroom. People from the council came by to inspect the kitchen, including my room, so Aunty Hong made me get up early to pack my stuff and replace them with kitchen equipment, creating the pretense of a storeroom. I was praying they would pass the test as I didn't want to have to do that all over again. And they did. Aunty Hong then said the lady told her to make sure no one stays in the storeroom, so maybe I should move into one of the inside rooms.

It's totally awesome. I've got a reverse cycle a/c & ensuite bathroom. Best of all, it's nice and cosy, not cold. Apparently, I can only stay in this room for one and a half weeks though as some other people are coming and they'll need the place. I'll then have to move back into my old room if I can't find a place by then. Well, whatever, my God will provide. I'm happy to be staying here for however long I can. It's a blessing to me!

Jess and Cheryl's mums have been very hospitable toward me. We slept over at Jess' last night. When I woke up around 11, I discovered that Jess & Cheryl had both left already. Great friends for ditching me.. haha.. So I went downstairs and Jess' mum insisted I stay for brunch. I did and got to enjoy a yummy bowl of prawn mee as while as chatting with them. Yummy, home-cooked meals like that really blesses me nowadays as my current place is fully vegan. Although, I must add, God has also blessed me with the vegan meals. They're still delicious and surprisingly, no bean sprouts have been used so far. Anyone who knows me knows my lifelong enmity with bean sprouts.

I auditioned for the worship team on Thursday. When I arrived at church, my throat felt extremely dry and my voice was creaky and hoarse. So I just prayed. At the end of the audition, I had great comments. Nigel and Rachelle who auditioned me both said it was very good. And what else can I say? THANK GOD. All good things come from above.

I must also add that a few days before the audition, I checked my work roster and saw I was rostered to work on Thursday. That was the first Thursday I ever had to work for the last six months and it had to be on my audition day! I really didn't want to postpone the audition as I'd already been procrastinating for the last... year at least. I desperately wanted to take that step that God had been urging me to for so long and I was afraid of procrastinating yet again.

Trying to get off that shift wasn't easy at first. The only people I could ask were Sam, Kaitlyn, Bryan or Heather. Sam advised me that she & Kaitlyn would be away on a road trip, whilst Bryan & Heather were already out of Perth. So, I just prayed. Surprise, surprise. A day later, I saw Kaitlyn write on facebook that their road trip was off. I asked her if she would do my shift and she readily said yes.

I couldn't have foresaw that. I couldn't have made something happen either.
It was Him. He had my solution. He was my solution.

How good is God!

No comments: